Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So you think couples are made in heaven? Try bottle caps!

Dear totally bored and now on the verge of breaking the screen reader…bear with me…you have come this far then the least I could do is offer you a squeeze of a Blog note…

For starters note that when I say couples I’m referring to the boarder term. I always encourage my audience to think outside the bubble, look at the global picture and have a slightly different perspective towards life.

"Thought is one thing that should never be limited!"

To be able to think outside the bubble you should be able to think inside it first. I presume my audience has at least had the privilege of attending school. If you have reached that far then congrats you’ve unknowingly managed to achieve the ability to think inside the bubble. To be able to think outside the bubble, I suggest cruising Blogs…

Now that I have prescribed the mental wavelength you are to tune into lets return to the topic in the topic bar above…

If music be an evil then I class it a ‘necessary evil’. Correlating this mystic marvel with the dark side would be the proper thing to do…10 points for Patch & Balli!

Speaking with regards to the modern age, referring to bad things as good and vice versa has become a norm.

How I was acquainted with this radiant world of magic, color, splendor, passion, pain, expression and a weird highness (druggy terminology) is a funny story. I was 5 years old and visiting Pakistan for my summer vacations (an expatriate’s delight). Those were the days of Vital Signs and Nazia/ Zohaib Hassan…the days of heart lightening pop! I still listen to their tracks and am immediately teleported to those days of eating samoosas while watching the rainfall in our open lounge! And the cool breeze! Wah Wah!

Tradition has it that the visiting party should take gifts, for relatives, when going on vacations and take gifts, from relatives, when they are about to leave. Hehehe that looks so funny when written down! I would have extrapolated but I’m a lazy bum!


A request: use your common sense dear reader, coz I’ve lost mine! Asian traditions yea yea yea I know! But trust you me they have their own charm!

Anyways coming back to the story…I had grown relatively fond of the gardener’s son. He was a very interesting chap indeed. A boy of many visions, stories and knowledge far skilled then mine, at that point of time (I shall cover the ‘Gardener and the Weed’ story under another title!). So, as I was about to leave, he hands me a cassette and tells me it was a gift he won from a Pepsi bottle cap and it was for me! And that point was one of the points in my life which I actually call A POINT IN MY LIFE!

Ever since that day till date music and I have been inseparable. I see it as a means off attaining mental salvation, relaxation, therapy…a sanctuary! Music and me were meant to be together.

I always knew that couples met in the most unrealistic and unpredictable circumstances and ways (filmy thought). So what if I met mine through the cap of a bottle and a gardener obsessed with cracking the ultimate weed formulae? The point is we made it this far, we’re happy and my love for her grows each day!

One could go on and on to describe what MUSIC means to oneself. The thing about me is I don’t judge people, never have and never will. Over and above that, I don’t imply my likes and dislikes on someone else as well, I find it extremely rude people telling other people what they should think!

I am absolutely passionate about music and I wish relationships were more like music…after all...they say music is the fruit of love!

True that…I think!

1 comment:

OnLY OnE..! said...

omg I love the concept.
Its true, I consider music a necessary evil too!! :D
so what was the cassette? :p

anyways...linking you up. hope you dont mind.